HSBC Restack Project
Client: HSBC, one of the largest global banking and financial services organizations
Location: New York City headquarters at 452 Fifth Avenue, a historic turn-of-the-century building adjacent to Bryant Park
Provide turn-key design-build technology services for 44-floor restacking project. Project entailed converged IP voice and data wiring systems using fiber, copper and wireless media to carry information for:
- Access control
- Audio video
- IP phones
- Gigabit ethernet
- Sound masking
- In-building cellular phone distributed antenna systems
- Wireless access points
- Digital signage
- Broadband television
The restack program demanded fast track implementation and hard deadline delivery.
- Engineered solutions for: pathways and spaces, grounding and bonding, 10/100 gigabit fiber design and installations for robust fast ethernet backbone connectivity.
- Structured wiring system solution deployed with Berk-Tek Ortronics Netclear product to 2,200 work area outlets of four Category 6 cables each.
- Rapid installation of more than 1.5 million feet of LANmark 1000 cable.
- Installed more than 30,000 feet of 10/100Gig armored OM3 multimode and single mode fiber in a redundant and diverse star topology.
- Integrated security measures covering nine floors with 450 sound masking speakers, security cabling for 200 card readers and doors, as well as more than 200 IP cameras in high level class 5 security areas.